Welcome to Relish, A Personal Chef Service. We are committed to making healthy, delicious meals for families in West Michigan. We offer a wide array of services to make eating delicious meals at home an easier, more enjoyable experience!
Commonly Asked Questions
- What is a personal chef? A personal chef is someone who prepares customized meals in your home for you and your family to enjoy. They do all of the grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking, and cleaning, leaving you with a clean kitchen and a refrigerator stocked with delicious meals! Personal chefs work for multiple families at the same time, while private chefs work for only one family.
- Who should use a personal chef? Anyone can benefit from a personal chef! Many busy families utilize personal chefs because they have hectic schedules, but they can still enjoy dinnertime around their table at home. Also, many people with special diets take advantage of the customized menus personal chefs offer.
- Is it affordable? Yes! How much time do you spend in a week menu planning, driving to the grocery store, grocery shopping, cooking, and doing dishes? How much is your time worth? Personal Chef services allow you to eat in the comfort of your own home without spending all of your spare time grocery shopping, cooking and doing dishes. Instead, you can spend that time with your family!
- What about packaging the food? Meals can be packaged in your choice of either reusable containers such as Pyrex, or recyclable aluminum containers. If you choose to use Pyrex, we can use ones you already have or you can purchase them. If you prefer one-time use containers, the fee for them is added to your bill at each service.
- Do I have to be home when you are cooking? No, most clients have busy schedules and are not home while we do the cooking. We make arrangements in advance to access your home.
- What is your area of service? Holland, Zeeland, Hamilton, Saugatuck, Douglas, Fennville, South Haven, Grand Haven and Grand Rapids.
- Are you insured? Relish is fully insured and licensed in the state of Michigan. Chef Rachel and Jen are also ServSafe certified in food safety and handling.
- When and where is the food prepared? Your meals are prepared in your kitchen because of U.S. Health Department regulations.
- What size dinner parties do you cater? We cater dinner parties for groups of 2-50. If you are looking for just appetizers or desserts, we can cater for larger groups.
- How about the size of cooking classes? Cooking classes range from 2-12 people.
- Where do you grocery shop? We shop wherever you want us to shop. The main grocery stores are Meijer, Family Fare, and D&W.
- How does pricing work? We charge a service fee + cost of groceries. We would love to give you a quote!